Travel Insurance Medical Cover FAQs
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions about travel insurance coverage for medical issues and existing medical conditions, such as pregnancy. If the answer to your question is not on this page, please contact our friendly customer service on (0800) 500 225.
- Are there any policy restrictions relating to coverage of Dental Expenses overseas?
There is provision for Emergency Dental Treatment overseas; however, there is no provision for dental treatment caused by or related to the deterioration and/or decay of teeth or associated tissue, or involving the use of precious metals.
- Can I get travel insurance if I have an existing medical condition?
- What existing medical conditions can not be covered?
Under no circumstances is cover available for:
- conditions involving the back or neck
- conditions involving drug or alcohol dependency
- conditions for which You are travelling to seek medical treatment or review
- travel booked or undertaken against the advice of any medical adviser
- anxiety, depression, mental or nervous disorders
- I am pregnant. Will travel insurance cover me?
Cover-More Travel Insurance policies provide cover for pregnancy up to 26 weeks, but the following conditions apply:
If you are aware of your pregnancy at the time of issue of the policy there have been complications with this or any previous pregnancy or the conception was medically assisted, you will be required to complete an Assessment Form prior to cover being accepted.
Please be aware that:
- No cover is provided for standard check-ups or scans.
- No cover exists where unexpected serious complications of your pregnancy occur after the 26th week of pregnancy.
Cover cannot be provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn child, regardless of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.
- How do I apply for cover for my pre-existing medical condition?
Travel Insurance does not automatically cover all existing conditions. To apply for cover, once you have gone through the quoting process you will come to the “Existing Medical Condition Pre -Assessment Questions” . Simply answer the questions and we will be able to advise you if we can cover your pre-existing medical condition with an additional premium. If you need assistance with this or you are unsure if you have a pre-existing medical condition, please contact us.
- What existing medical conditions are automatically covered?
These are some of the existing medical conditions that are automatically covered subject to policy requirements, for more information please visit our existing medical page.
- various cancers
- hip / knee replacement
- cataracts / glaucoma
- diabetes/glucose intolerance
- gastric reflux
- hypertension (high blood pressure)