Travel insurance claims
Your guide to Cover-More travel insurance claims
We hope that your trip goes smoothly, but if something unexpected happens Cover-More New Zealand will be there to help.
You'll find all the information you need about travel insurance claims right here, including a step-by-step guide to making your claim, links to all of the supporting documents you'll need, and advice about claims related to specific events or travel providers.
Once you have made a claim we will respond within 10 working days of receipt of all necessary documentation.
If you have additional questions about the claims process, or about a specific claim that you've made, please feel free to contact us at 0800 600 115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claims details and information
- How to make a travel insurance claim
Don't worry if something disrupts your trip; we're here to help. It's fast and simple to file a travel insurance claim. Just follow these five steps:
3. Add your supporting documentation. Not sure what to include? See the list of supporting documentation we'll need to process your claim.
4. Make a copy for yourself just in case.
5. Mail your original claim form and all supporting documents to:
Cover-More Travel Insurance
PO Box 105-203
Auckland City Post Shop
That's it! We'll settle or respond to your claim within 10 days of receiving your forms. If you have any questions in the meantime, please call us at 0800 600 115 or email email@example.com.
Read more about how to make a claim.
- Travel insurance claims supporting documents
In most instances, when you submit a travel insurance claim you will need to provide one or more supporting documents so that we are able to validate and settle the claim. Find out exactly what you need to submit, based upon the type of claim, and download the necessary claims forms.
Read more about Supporting Documents.
- Travel insurance claims conditions
Cover-More New Zealand travel insurance claims are subject to certain conditions outlined in your policy document. For your convenience, we've provided a selected list of these conditions here.
Full policy conditions and benefits are available in your policy wording. If you have any questions or concerns about your policy or about how to make a claim, please feel free to contact us at 0800 500 225.
- The loss or theft of luggage, personal effects, travel documents or money must be reported within 24 hours to the police or responsible transport provider and a written report must be obtained at that time.
- If you are admitted to hospital or you anticipate your medical expenses and additional expenses are likely to exceed NZ$500, you must phone the emergency assistance number as soon as physically possible.
- You must take all reasonable steps to prevent or minimise a claim.
- You must not make any offer, promise of payment or admit any liability without Cover-More's written consent.
- You must advise us of any claim or occurrence which may give rise to a claim as soon as possible and within 60 days of the return date shown on your Certificate of Insurance by sending a completed claim form.
- You must supply any documents in support of your claim which we may request, such as original police reports, receipts, valuations and/or medical certificates/reports and you must co-operate fully in the assessment or investigation of your claim.
- You must supply a medical certificate showing your diagnosis for any medical expenses you wish to claim for.
- If we agree to pay a claim under your policy we will base any claim payment on the Goods and Services Tax (GST) inclusive costs (up to the relevant policy limit).
- Travel insurance claims advice
Certain events, such as natural disasters or strikes may affect your travel. Below are links to information about how recent events will affect your travel insurance claims.
Following is advice regarding claims related to specific events and travel providers. Should you have any questions, please contact us at 0800 500 225